We are finally headed home!! Ready to wrap up your kitchen remodel?!
You have a few more questions. And you’re probably wondering, “How do I get all of these people out my house and get my kitchen back?!”.
Maybe your contract was a little vague. Maybe your contractor is not as involved as you would have hoped. Maybe you’re DIY’ing this thing and you’re in over your head. Maybe you’re 95% done, and wondering how to complete that final punch list.
“Change order!? Again! How much?! Why didn’t you tell me that?!” – You
“A design is nothing without implementation.” – Jon Hilgenberg
This conversation I had with Jon Hilgenberg is for you.
Jon is a kitchen pro. He’s been involved in hundreds of kitchen remodels and new construction projects. He currently designs and installs custom cabinetry in the Charleston, South Carolina area. He knows exactly what it takes to pull off a successful kitchen remodel project.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why design and installation go hand in hand
- How to think “value” and not “cost”
- The importance of starting with the end in mind
- How to slow down, to speed up
- Communication with your installer is key
- Why installers need to make their calls outside!
- What to do if your kitchen arrives in the wrong color
- Factory vs. Shop cabinet finishes
- How to clean your cabinets
Big thank you to Jon for his excellent advice and tips.
Make sure you check out Jon’s daily cabinet installation Instagram stories @JCHCabinets. He is very generous with his time and he enjoys teaching his tricks of the trade.
I know you’ll enjoy Step 12 of 12! We’re done with Season 1.
We’ve officially completed a successful kitchen remodel…….Bon appetite!