Last week we learned all about kitchen cabinets, now it’s time for the countertops!
Benjamin Ouellette was the perfect guest for this topic.
He’s a well accomplished interior and kitchen designer from Waterloo, Ontario. He was named a top 30 Under 30 by the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) in 2016.
And, most importantly, he knows countertops.
We have a fun conversation about all things kitchen countertops.
He gave us a ton of professional insight on the differences between most countertop materials currently on the market.
He even schooled me on what Dekton is. I’d never heard of it!? But it’s pretty rad.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why most people skip on design
- A good way to take away buyer’s remorse
- How quartz is made
- The best alternatives to concrete countertops
- How to get that marble countertop look
- If wood countertops are a good idea
- What the kitchen design trends are like in Ukraine
- The best way to get a kitchen remodel started
I hope you enjoy this informative conversation I had with Benjamin Ouellette from Benjamin John Ouellette Interior Design.
Say hello and check out what Benjamin is up to on Instagram @bjoid.